I´ll get to the fun Ozzy news that you came to our site for in the first place in a bit.
That brings me to today. Holy Cow, as one hindu put it, what a day. I woke up, as with every morning now, checked my email and phone messages. The first one, from my sister, read "Emergency" another one said "call, very important". When i reached her she told me that my birth father, Truman Mouser, had died in the night, another victim in our lives to cancer. Kimberly and I knew he was bad, but had no idea we would get this news less than 24 hours after we arrived in Guatemala. I first met him when I was 16 and then I didn´t know who he was until a few days later. Then after I started college we met again in a Pizza Hut. Our relationship grew closer as I met more of my biological family and I learned of the events that led to me being adopted. He had no idea that it had been decided I was being given up for adoption until the morning I was born. He never got to hold me and later told me that all he saw of me was a black haired baby being carried out the back door. He loved me and never forgot, but knew that one day we would meet. God allowed that to happen and through that meeting and my grandmother (his mother) that I turned my life around and met God on December 5, 1982. When something this special happens in your life you don´t forget the date. Over the past 26 years we became friends, we were already related by the blood we shared, but not everyone can call their family members, friend. He called me son and loved me just the same. We went to church together for several years, sang together (pretty good too), I learned some cooking tips from him and learned that I had been loved by so many people for so long, prayed for, and that I wasn´t just a "cast aside" that someone picked up. But most importantly, if I hadn´t met this man and this family I wouldn´t have met my wife. Now tell me God doesn´t have a plan. I have tried to explain to people in the past what emotions go with being adopted after you are told. Few understand and only a handful have had the wonderful life experience that I have been blessed with. So many children are born with absolutely no one to love them. I have lived a fortunate life where two very large families love me. My only wish tonight is that he could have met Ozzy, "I want to hold that little bugger" he would say. He wanted to, badly and kept a stack of pictures of him next to his chair. He tried, but his body just couldn´t. We tried, but the terribly slow process wouldn´t let us. God knows and that is what we have to live with. I have a few small "treasures" that he has given me over the years, that he told me recently, are now to be Ozzy´s. His funeral is tomorrow; Kimberly, Ozzy and I won´t be there in body, but in spirit. I believe he would have wanted me to stay with my son...he was so happy that we were finally going to be parents. I love you pop and will miss you terribly.
Let me collect myself...
Ozzy was up a lot last night...Kimberly wondered how I knew since I was snoring. He has had....let´s put this delicately...a digestive problem since we got him yesterday. He is getting four, that´s right, 4 new teeth at once and still wondering where we went for a month. Nurse mommy worked with him all day and finally sent me to the farmicia (drug store) to get something for his belly ache. When it finally worked...wow. He is much better now to say the least, I know I would have been. We took several pictures between all of the tears and calls and emails back home. On the adoption front, we also received word that more corruption is going on in and around our adoption and several friends we have met adopting. Some that will simply break your heart or make you so mad that you want to scream. I can´t go into a lot of detail, but needless to say we still need your prayers.
Here are a few pictures from today.
Happy baby...at the moment.
Showing his teeth...part of the unhappiness today.
You might think he´s scared, but this is the middle of a really big belly laugh
We´ll see you back here tomorrow with more from Ozzy´s World!



3 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss, you will be in our prayer. If there is anything I can do just let me know.
Ozzy is such a cutie pie!!! and I love the pic of him showing his pearly whites!!! I'm happy you are enjoying your time with him.
Thank you for the update on Ozzy and your bad news.I didn't know about your relationship with Truman.I am glad that they loved you and cared and you got to spend time with him,also your siblings.
Keep up your faith in God whatever comes your way.We love you all.
Jan and mike
Lannie and Kim
So sorry to hear about your pop.Just hang onto what you have and don't concern yourself about what might have been.God has it in his Hands and they are much better than ours.
Glad that Ozzy is feeling better. He is such a cute little boy, can't wait to hear his laugh.
Be safe and strong. We send our love and prayers(constant).
Jan and Mike
Post a Comment