Thursday, May 29, 2008

Waiting.... - Day 8

Well what to say about today.

We were up a little before 4am feeding and changing Ozzy. When I noticed my blackberry was flashing red...new message. It was from our US attorney responding to something I had sent earlier in the night...he is always level headed and trying to keep me on a short leash. After I rocked Ozzy back to sleep and back to bed I noticed another message...junk mail. Then another. So I just held it and tried to go to sleep. Around 4:30am I received the email we had been waiting for from LabCorp. Pat had emailed the agency and me a copy and faxed a copy to the lab and attorney in Guatemala City. I responded and tried to go back to sleep. At 7:30am we finally received word from the agency that we had our receipt...always last to tell you anything. That is if you ever hear anything. At 8:45am we receive word from Attorney Aragon that the birth mother wouldn't be here until 5pm and he would schedule our DNA first thing Friday and family court after that. We still had our appointent with him to transfer custody to the new foster mom. What do you know, he didn't even keep the 3pm appointment and sent a courier to deliver the document for the foster mom to sign. Luis and I drove out to her home and talked about Ozzy's needs, medicine, feeding, bath & sleeping schedules. Since he hasn't had a consistent schedule I asked her to start from scratch with him and get him on a proper schedule. We also talked about what she needed to better care for him. She is so incredibly humble that I couldn't get her to tell me anything. So we are going shopping tomorrow and hopefully not overload her with supplies. After our talk Luis and I headed back to the hotel. It was nearing 5pm so I had Luis call the attorney to check on the birth mom. She was not in the city, Rosita was stuck somewhere out in the wild waiting for help. OK, just to remind everyone, this has been the same excuse used before to hide birth mothers by this woman. Luis and I both started calling all of the numbers we had to reach them. They know our numbers now and don't answer us unless they want something. So we wait...6pm....7pm........8pm........9pm and we are out of our minds, OK, I'm out of my mind. Kimberly is trying to pull me back in to reality. We told everyone that Rosita could not be trusted to do this job and yet we let her. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me twenty times and I am just a fool. I write an email and Kimberly rewrites it and makes it not so edgy to our attorney. I try to call him and leave a message. I call everyone else again and leave messages. So we wait.........

There is still a possibility that they will show up before dawn. Only God knows. Am I mad, you bet I'm mad. We didn't stay all week, as I said last night, for nothing to be completed. We did have more quality time with Ozzy, that's the good part. The worst part is that we are very rapidly loosing faith in humanity. It's not just Kimberly and I, but all of the families that are here with us. We are only one family in this sea of corruption. I don't know who to believe anymore. Our friends are being forced to pay thousands of dollars in extortion fees to even get a hint as to the where abouts of their birth mothers. That alone was our main reason to not let anyone do this job for us. Luis, our trusted friend was going to drive me to the city of Ozzy's birth to pick the birth mom up, but no we took others counsel and we wait.........

I don't know who will read this tonight, but we covet your prayers for a miracle.

During our day we did have a lot of fun with Ozzy and the pictures are below:


Daddy and Ozzy...do I look happy or what?


For some reason Ozzy thought Mommy needed her hair teased


Is this sweet or what? He is starting to sleep on his side


I'll let you know what happens in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Keep On Keeping On" Hang in there and go with your gut on decisions. Well, maybe Kimberly's gut. You don't want to jump into something to fast and regret it later. You guys'll do fine. We Love You all very much. Be careful, (Trust your instincts).
Dave

Snow Day

Snow Day
Ozzy with his first BIG Snowman

Ozzy Day - April 17, 2009

First Photo Session

First Photo Session
photos by Cindy Kraft Photography

First Visit to the Memphis Zoo

Sunday, February 1 was such a beautiful "spring like" day here in Memphis so we decided to have our first adventure at the zoo. Ozzy loved the animals, mostly the bears and monkeys. Enjoy the slide show above.

Ozzy's First Snow

Ozzy's First Snow
Click picture to see more

Home At Last

Home At Last
Ozzy after visa interview -- APPROVED