Ok, the good news. Our Birth Mom is in the city...YEAH!!! Mayra didn´t find her one of Rosita´s contacts brought her in. Funny how that happens. Mayra, Luis, Attorney Aragon, the BM and contact are all suppose to be here tomorrow morning at 8:30 am to start the day. Aragon wants to get a look at this BM and make sure she matches the picture he has of her on the documents. Then we will finalize the foster mother custody, BM POA, go to Family Court and finally DNA testing. Mayra´s good friend runs the lab where the Embassy DNA samples are taken so we can go without an appointment.
I don´t know what some of you adopting parents read, but we have every right to be in Guatemala and visit with our children. All of the stories flying around about athorities coming and taking you baby from you on the street is just bunk. State law says before they can do that they have to go to the minor judge and get a court order to have a child taken into ¨protected?¨ custody. So, if some one comes up to you on the street or at your hotel (which is unlikely) make them show you the court order. 9 times out of 10 I bet they don´t have one. Kimberly doesn´t like it, but I keep saying "over my dead body will they take my son". I can´t say it and now I can´t type it without tearing up.
Back to Ozzy, he is so much stronger now. He is standing. I know that doesn´t sound like a big deal to all of the parents out there for a 10 month old to try to stand. The boy wouldn´t even try two weeks ago when we were here. That is all Irma. She also has him sleeping...better not say, I´ll let you know how he sleeps tonight. The best part for me is, he missed his daddy. Don´t know why he likes me (so many would wonder the same thing) but he does and I just love it.
Here are a few pictures from our first day back, enjoy and pray for all of us tomorrow, especially Mayra. She needs God to give her special wisdom and words to speak to the birth mom and contact.
Enjoy.
Ozzy with his new hat and toys. We don´t know what he´s doing waving his hand.
Normal boy, buy him toys and he plays with...tissue paper
See my new hat!



2 comments:
Yeah!!!! I'm so excited for ya'll he looks so cute and I want those PJs for Lester!!!! We will continue to pray things progress.
I am SOOOOOO happy for you all!!
You are finally making progress and in GOOD hands! This is a long-awaited blessing... Hoping that your DNA was done today!
Take Care,
Jen
Post a Comment