Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today we said Goodbye

Today was a great day in Antigua.  Friends of ours finally got what we are all waiting on, Pink from the US Embassy.  Visa interview and US Passport, the last step before going home and they are flying home Friday morning.  They were kind enough to invite us over to pick up a few things that they didn't want to take with them.  A few things turned into a van load.  We shouldn't have to go to the grocery for a few weeks and shouldn't have to buy anymore milk for Ozzy.  What we don't eat and the large items we will leave for the next family...sort of an adoption pass it on.

Deb and Kevin were the first couple we met on our first trip to Guatemala in April.  We even went to visit Rosita for the first time together.  When their company flew an interpreter down for them to meet with the attorney (we had the same attorney) they let us talk with the attorney first, with "their" interpreter.  

We will certainly never forget them for their kindness and great knowledge of the process that they have been so free to share...even when things weren't going so well for them.  Like I said in one of the posts over the past couple days.  All of these good families are here doing good in the midst of some of the most evil and corrupt people I have ever met.

This is one of the families that I have asked all of you to continually pray for and we are encouraged everytime another family gets to go home.  God is hearing you.

We are also hoping that another family from Missouri (St. Louis area) will take their baby boy home next week.  Please pray to that end.  And for us, we really need our birth certificate this Friday.  I cancelled our airline reservations today and only the governments involved know when we will be leaving.  

One of my favorite quotes from President Ronald Reagan, "The nine scariest words in the english language are, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help".  Well we have seen little of that.  In fact I'm not quite sure what our tax dollars are being used for at the US Embassy here in Guatemala or the Homeland Security/USCIS office in Memphis.  Weak as water, weak as water the whole lot of them.

Just a couple fun pictures of Ozzy from today.  Enjoy!

 
You can't read it but his shirt says "Mr Happy"

Ozzy in his new ducky tub from Hannah.  He loves it.

Our Mr Happy!!!

3 comments:

Traci said...

Hello Kimberly and Lannie. Great news about your friends. I hope all goes well and that you'll get to go home very soon also. Just so you'll know, every morning I look forward to reading your blogs and seeing the new pictures. It brightens my day. Stay safe.

You're in our prayers.

Traci

Ray said...

Just wanted to say hey and that we miss you. I too look forward to seeing the pictures and reading your daily blog. Ozzy looks more and more like Lannie(to me). Nice to here about your friends and hope that it helps you to feel positive about your own future and bringing Ozzy home.

Big Daddy said...

Hi Abernathys,
My heart sings when I gaze on that happy boy of yours. Home at last---almost! We are talking up his arrival with Barrett & Bes, so I'm hoping your return is at a reasonable hour so Barrett can come to pick you up.

I take an occassional peak at the "remodeling" going on at your house. Wow! I think you made a very wise choice in contractors.

Be safe and enjoy your expanded family!
Britt

P.S. fyi...I'll be out of town next Saturday-Monday (9/20-9/22). Keep me posted on travel plans please.

Snow Day

Snow Day
Ozzy with his first BIG Snowman

Ozzy Day - April 17, 2009

First Photo Session

First Photo Session
photos by Cindy Kraft Photography

First Visit to the Memphis Zoo

Sunday, February 1 was such a beautiful "spring like" day here in Memphis so we decided to have our first adventure at the zoo. Ozzy loved the animals, mostly the bears and monkeys. Enjoy the slide show above.

Ozzy's First Snow

Ozzy's First Snow
Click picture to see more

Home At Last

Home At Last
Ozzy after visa interview -- APPROVED