Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Gloves Came Off Today

First the good news. Mayra sent two of her employees to El Estor to find Adela Coc, the birth mother. They didn't just find her they found three (3) Adela Coc's in El Estor. We emailed pictures and documents to her and they are going to the clinic where Ozzy was born to talk with the staff. This is a very small village and everyone was nice and helpful. Mayra has the whole thing planned out for a possible arrival to the city tomorrow evening. I know I have said this before, but now we are talking about the good folks gettin' it done.

On the other side of the story Sally with the Adoption Agency sent a direct hit at Rosita today. Let me give you a taste of the letter sent:

Rosa,

If you do not completely disclose all accurate and right information of birth mothers and foster mothers of the babies to the attorney Lic. Aragon, I will be forced to have the Guatemalan Authorities arrest you and put you in jail for extortion of American Families, fraud, blackmail and bribery. Please do not consider this a threat. This is an action that WILL be taken. Your only chance is to now do the right thing and give Lic. Aragon all accurate information, withholding nothing. Do NOT have contacts speak to our families, not Edwin, not Sophia, not anyone or this threat will also be taken. If you do comply and do the right thing, I will NOT act to put you under arrest. Take my meaning seriously Rosita. In the United States we mean business and I know things about your activities. Do not try to go into hiding. We will find you. Your one chance is to do the right thing. Do not contact me again.

Well don't think that didn't cause a stir in our household. I know she can have her arrested and even deported to the US for International Crimes against US Citizens, but what happened to keeping our cool and protecting the babies? We are very fortunate to have placed Ozzy in a very secure and safe foster home and we know where our birth mom is (exactly which one is the question).

I'm going to stop here, I just had to report this info tonight. Pray for our safe travels tomorrow and for Mayra's success with the birth mom.

We'll be reporting tomorrow from cold and rainy Guatemala City, but with Ozzy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess three is better than none. Maybe we will see you in Antigua. Give us a call maybe we can get together.

Anonymous said...

Lannie and Kimberly
Hope u had a safe and good trip.Best of Gods blessings in the coming days

Mike and Jan

Stormy said...

Kim and Lannie, I hope you have arrived safely and that everything is going well.

I will try to call you guys tomorrow.

Please give Oz hugs and kisses from Auntie Val and Uncle David and all the kids.

Be Safe..

We love you guys.

Snow Day

Snow Day
Ozzy with his first BIG Snowman

Ozzy Day - April 17, 2009

First Photo Session

First Photo Session
photos by Cindy Kraft Photography

First Visit to the Memphis Zoo

Sunday, February 1 was such a beautiful "spring like" day here in Memphis so we decided to have our first adventure at the zoo. Ozzy loved the animals, mostly the bears and monkeys. Enjoy the slide show above.

Ozzy's First Snow

Ozzy's First Snow
Click picture to see more

Home At Last

Home At Last
Ozzy after visa interview -- APPROVED