Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Stupid

Believe this or not our birth certificate is ready for pick up tomorrow...the good. But the notary that has to pick it up is not going to be in the city to pick it up...the bad.  RENAP will not let me pick it up even though I'm in the country, the adoption petitioner and have custody of Ozzy...the STUPID.  We were told last week that our notary had been changed to Attorney Aragon's son, Jorge, from our old notary that quit because of the insane process.  Well that wasn't the case...SHOCK!!!  To say the least we are disappointed but, I'm just fed up with stupid.  Good Lord I might as well be at work if I have to put up with this kind of stupidity.

Thankfully the notary is willing to meet Mayra at RENAP on Monday at 8am so she can take the BC document to El Estor, Ozzy's birth place, for the final certificate.  Are you keeping up?  I don't even care why anymore, just get it done so we can go home.  We will spend all of next Wednesday, October 1, in Guatemala City working on passport, final DNA, Ozzy's physical, etc. we hope.

OK, enough of my rant for the night.  Everyone has heard (or seen) that a kid would rather play with the box the toy came in than the toy.  Well Ozzy has found a new fascination with a diaper box.  He is pushing it walking, sits on it, beats it like a drum and gets inside of it.  Below are a few pictures of him playing.

Please continue to pray for us and our sanity.

Playing with Dad and the "box"
Putting toys in the "box"
Learning to walk with the "box"

Standing tall.

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Hey Lannie, Kimberly & Ozzy, I'm just checking on on you. Adorable pics--Barrett and Bes both talk about Ozzy. It's going to be very fun when you finally make it home. Hang in there! Britt

Anonymous said...

Hey again Lannie/Kimberly;
I'm back. I'm using Dad's login. Mine doesn't seem to work anylonger. You guys have loads of people praying for you. You two are great a Mom & Dad. Children are funny. Thank You for posting the awsome pic's. He's getting sooo big. We Love you guys very much. We are all praying for you guys. Be careful and keep trying to make the best out of the worst.
Dave Abernathy

Snow Day

Snow Day
Ozzy with his first BIG Snowman

Ozzy Day - April 17, 2009

First Photo Session

First Photo Session
photos by Cindy Kraft Photography

First Visit to the Memphis Zoo

Sunday, February 1 was such a beautiful "spring like" day here in Memphis so we decided to have our first adventure at the zoo. Ozzy loved the animals, mostly the bears and monkeys. Enjoy the slide show above.

Ozzy's First Snow

Ozzy's First Snow
Click picture to see more

Home At Last

Home At Last
Ozzy after visa interview -- APPROVED