Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 Months Home

Six months ago this evening we walked into our home with Ozzy for the first time. The house was a total wreck from the construction that started the day we left for Guatemala...tremendous shock after a long and emotional day. But we were home at last with our son. That is one day I live over and over in my mind. Could it have been perfect...probably, but like everything else it wasn't. Did I want to cause a scene at immigration in Houston, yes. Did we almost miss our connecting flight out of Houston to Memphis, yes. Was it pouring cats and dogs when we landed in Memphis, yes. Through all of this very long day that started for Kimberly and myself the day before (we never went to bed because of our early flight and we really wanted to come home), it was wonderful. Ozzy traveled like an experienced world traveler...in first class of course. See I told you I could recount this day moment by moment.

October 23, 2008 was a long day and late bedtime for Ozzy and April 23, 2009 was a long night with a very late bedtime because of a hockey game overtime. He loves the excitement, but I'm beginning to think he likes the guys that I work with better than the game. That's ok too.

Well the contractor and workers are gone (we had to literally run them off and take their keys) and our home is beginning to come back to some order...because Momma says it shall be this way. I like to work outside and take care of the gardening and Ozzy is getting the hand at pulling weeds. If we can make him understand the difference between weeds and the plants indoors we will have it made.

We hope your weekend is as beautiful as it is planning to be here in Memphis. I love Memphis in the Spring it reminds me of Antigua, Guatemala...well almost year round.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Love the updated blogs and your recounting on the last 6 months! That Ozzy is quite the handsome guy too! Also I have some Guatemalan items to send you guys for Ozzy. Will email you separately to coordinate. Enjoy you weekend and the weather - Chicago's weather is finally shaping up and reminding us of Antigua.
Take care, Jen, Mark & Max

Stacie said...

How wonderful! I know it's amazing how fast time goes...I can't believe Danilo has been here over a year, Maysa just turned two,and my oldest will be 12 in May. I don't feel a day over 21....LOL
Congrats!
Ozzy just gets more handsome everyday!

Kim, Steve and Zack said...

Happy 6 months home!!! Ozzy is so dang cute...and growing like a weed.

Snow Day

Snow Day
Ozzy with his first BIG Snowman

Ozzy Day - April 17, 2009

First Photo Session

First Photo Session
photos by Cindy Kraft Photography

First Visit to the Memphis Zoo

Sunday, February 1 was such a beautiful "spring like" day here in Memphis so we decided to have our first adventure at the zoo. Ozzy loved the animals, mostly the bears and monkeys. Enjoy the slide show above.

Ozzy's First Snow

Ozzy's First Snow
Click picture to see more

Home At Last

Home At Last
Ozzy after visa interview -- APPROVED