Mayra wasn't going to El Estor her younger brother Ezra went for her. It's a terribly long trip across the country and 2 1/2 hours from El Estor they have to stop and take a chicken bus the rest of the way over these rough, muddy roads. Ezra was stopped by the authorities/police/thugs on his way there and beat. You must wonder what did he do? Well this family is one of the most decent, God fearing families we have met. He didn't do anything, Mayra tells us that the police just do that because they can. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! She said that he was ok, but didn't go into details. Mayra and her older brother went to El Estor and their father went to get Ezra. We have this entire family trying their very best to get Ozzy's birth certificate so we can go home and this cotton pickin' country beats one of them and can't make a printer work in this new fabulous system. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!
Good Lord there has to be a lesson in this that we're not getting or something.
Ozzy is simply miserable. Kimberly doctored, pampered, doctored some more, fed and finally got him to sleep. He has a lot more pox now than he did when we went to the doctor this morning.
On top of the birth certificate problem the chicken pox has put a stop to the passport, DNA test and physical tomorrow. The DNA lab will not schedule an appointment while he is contagious and the embassy doctor doesn't want him in his clinic and possibly infect the other children that may be there. I understand that, but he is a doctor and they do have a medical practice. Surely they have seen children with chicken pox before. Plus, if we had all of this done the embassy wouldn't grant us a visa and the airlines will not let a contagious person board a plane and leave the country.
Since we can't do anything or go anywhere we'll just take care of our baby and pray that he gets better quick and someone in El Estor can make a printer work. I may have to fly Larry down here to work on it, but I don't want him to get beat up.
Here are some pictures of a Toot-toot (what we went to the hospital in this morning) and a couple of our sick boy.
Tut-tut (pronounced Toot-Toot)
Some of Ozzy's spots
All propped up in his chair squeezing out a smile



4 comments:
if Larry's coming, I'm coming with him!!!
Poor baby with the Chicken Pox. We hope he feels better soon and you guys can all come home! Mayra and her family are great. We can't believe all the bad things that can happen in that country, well, ok, yes we can. We will keep you guys and Mayra's family in our prayers.
My sister said this, "Aunt Deb is not scared to get on a plane, come down there and CUT A BITCH!" I think I know what she means. Oh, I didn't ask her if I could post this either just wanted y'all to know how cool she is.
Gary has introduced me to "ozzy's world" and I look forward to checking on you guys every chance I get. He doesn't have a clue how many people love him even though we have never met him.
We pray for you guys daily and sometimes when I need a lift I watch Ozzy's clip of him laughing.
I call it "Peace in the Midst of a Storm"!! Ha Ha
Love you all
Angela
Post a Comment